Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Joke is on me???

Tonight I decided to make yet another 1600 jelly roll quilt top (and backing...)
Only I figured I would 'bash my stash' and cut 3" strips instead from my ENORMOUS chook fabric stash..


Pictured is only one box and I had three, so you can imagine i thought it was a great idea!
Such a great idea (because the quilt top is fast and fun), I'm starting up my new bantam breeding and I had SO much fabric. I thought I would cut up enough for a larger quilt than 42 strips and I would also cut up enough to make a stripped backing as well!
Here is where the joke was discovered...


What is this I hear you ask???
I was given an enormous amount of different chook fabrics from one particular friend 15 years ago (yes I have treasured it all this time)
So here I was tonight FINALLY cutting it up.. I thought as I was cutting 'oh Judith must have left the tag on some of this fabric', because I could feel this lump of 'crackling stuff' within the fabric...


I finally came to one piece, cut my 4 strips, then shook the remainder fabric out so as to fold it back up... And suddenly Glitter was flying every where!!!


After laughing until I nearly coughed to death... I decided to check all fabric that I knew was given to me by Judith!!
Saying that there was only one packet of glitter involved, could very well be an understatement!!!
So Judith, you got me!! It took 15 years for me to discover your joke.. But I got there in the end!
TIP FOR THE DAY
If you are running short of fun in your life, buy some glitter bits and put it right inside a piece of fabric and give it to a much loved friend.
It may take them 15 years to use the fabric but it is the worlds funniest thing to do to a quilting friend!


Hope you are having a happy day
Nikki

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Too funny Nikki. Hugs,xx.