Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tilda hits my sewing soul

If you haven't heard, then here is the best news ever....
TILDA IS IN AUSTRALIA!!!!
I am so excited!!!
Love this fabric!! Pretty yet strong colors. Just my style!
So I've been stitching up a storm!


My wonderful friend Leonie and i have been going like mad fleas since Friday night


Tilda charm squares are every where...


Scraps are flung into the pile but just too pretty to throw out!!


The piecing has been relentless...


'Sweetie' just wants a blanket and a well earned nap..


The centre stitchery is done and quilted...


Considering this is just the second time 'Sweetie' and i have played together, i think we became good friends..


So here's Mike doing 'show and tell'..


Gotta say, 'loving it' and a huge thanks to Leonie!! And Ann for a special little tip and Val for helping hand stitch the last bit of the binding.
With 24 hours until 'Whinnie' leaves to carry me and my brand new delights to Sydney, i reckon I've only got about another months work to do.....


Well it does say 'dreams' on the quilt...
Hope you are having a happy day
Nikki

2 comments:

Joy said...

I LOVE it :D!!!!!!!!
Nikki it's just GAWJUS!!
Your quilting is devine and those fabrics are adorable.
Fabulous job dear friend, it's going to be a HUGE hit :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anonymous said...

Looks great Nikki. Those fabrics are just gorgeous.
Drive safely and have fun in Sydney. L