Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A weekend stitching

After speaking with a few fellow bloggers I was instructed to share some of my journeys in Whinnie (motor home of the century) so as they could live vicariously through me.....
So read and enjoy fellow stitchers...
Last week was a hard and heavy one so as soon as the kiln was switched on at 5pm on Friday last, I was off!
Binna Burra and their powered sites are my saviour when I need some time out!


Not much of a view in this picture as basically I only leave the van to walk 25 yards to the amenities block and back when I have too.


This post of tin boxes may not mean much to the avid camper but to me it is my life line! Who could be a happy stitcher without power? My iron, the machine, my daylight light and my kettle, all need this and sorry, but relaxation needs power!!


I actually went to the trouble of making my bed for this photo but please note the view out the window!!


The sink area was turned into my cutting table, and I have to say it is the perfect height.


'Bertha' fits perfectly on the table with plenty of space and I have to say that the best moment was when I sat down, only to discover that the table was the Perfect height for me to sew!!


If you look past my glorious stitching zone and look out the window you will see a man heading off for a bush walk.
I don't really know who thought who more stupid?? Him thinking 'why the heck would you go to a glorious National Park just so you can stay inside using a sewing machine, and do what you could be doing at home and on such a glorious day' (and that had obviously occurred to me too!)
Or me thinking 'why would you go get all walked out when to sit and sew, with the birds singing, mountain fresh air wafting past, a Scrub Turkey fosicking around at the door, life simply couldn't get better than this!'


I did get some more sewing completed as John is helping me prove here. Note just how stressed he looks?? LOL he spent 90% of his time crashed out on the bed!
(For my Obssesive Cushion Disorder Followers, I have now completed eleven 18" cushions)

So stay tuned for more adventures as this weekend we are off to Tannum Sands near Gladstone, to take the shop to a weekend retreat at the most gorgeous place, 'Tanyalla'. Whinnie holds heaps of stock and the ability to stop for a cuppa and kindy nap.
If you would like to come and see my wares then the shop will be open to visitors on Saturday, after lunch. Contact me if you need more details.
Happy stitching
Nikki

No comments: