Monday, May 30, 2011

Textile Lamp

If you haven't heard by now, I am attending the Textile Show here in Brisbane purely as a teacher this year.  Our products will be there like normal but will be on Catherinas Country Collections Stand 133.

I am running a class in the afternoon that is a 2 hour 'hands on' class making a lamp shade.  You need to register with Catherinas stand to come do the class and is super value at only $25 (which includes your lampshade for you to work on).

This lampshade is all fibre work and we will be doing some of this in class but it requires a sewing machine.  I will have mine for you to have a go with so your lampshade won't look exactly like this one but we will be covering this technique too.
You will also learn how to make your own button trim for the lamp as well.
Watch this space as I create some more lamps over the next week to give you a closer look at what else we will be doing in class.
(I did this one from a recycled lamp I bought at an op shop)

Hope you will come and join me.

email me at
buttons@powerup.com.au
 if you would like more information
or follow this link below
www.textileart.com.au/Brisbane2011/app/pages/view/make__take__1_hour/

No comments: